Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Learning to accept my role in life

I've had a thought. Why is it women are automatically viewed as the secondary gender even now in todays society? Is it really fair to view us as a less-than-equal?
After much consideration i've concluded that it is in fact a fair assumption. And whilst there may be a few if not many fellow femalians and there who may not agree with this view, it is one that is deserving of our role in society.
One has to ask themself - what is my contribution to society? As a male you would answer - I provide entertainment for the masses with my amazing skills; I make the world a better place through being hard-working and through my various talents; I give reason for being; I am reason for being.
As a female, you would answer - I can cook and clean, although come to think of it - how many great lady chefs are there?.
Entertainment no doubtably is a man's specialty. How much less enthralled are we when we watch a womens tennis match? or how much less amused are we of a womens stand up routine? I guess we 'may' be of entertainment of the adult kind, but should we be proud of that? - well considering there's not much else can we be proud of...
Men are, in general, more muscular, fit, and strong than their un-male counterparts. So even as we are born, we are already being moulded from a body type that is inferior. We as women should embrace our inferior bodies and leave everything else to our more than capable opposites.
It has been researched and proven that women often do not think logically. We think too much. We are obsessed by fashion and image, which oddly enough are things perpetuated by magazines controlled by.. women. Thinkers we are.
Finally, we are described as being not-man. We are women, female. If man were the inferior kind, they'd be called fewomen or wofemale. With such a reliance on men, we certainly are in no position to question our place in society.
Anyway, i have to get going - i'm not done cleaning in this mans world
Cheerio - Olga

8 Comments:

Blogger quebeck said...

*WARNING WARNING* IT'S A TRAP *WARNING WARNING*

GUYS YOU WILL NOT WIN IF YOU COMMENT ON THIS POST. IF YOU AGREE, YOUR DEAD. IF YOU DISAGREE, YOUR DEAD. TAKE MY ADVICE AND PRETEND YOUR ALREADY DEAD.

*************************

But seriously, what's that saying, behind every great man is a great woman, or something. I try to view either sex as the same, as "people" regardless of gender. But it's quite hard to put that into practise, in my course there's not much oppotunity for interaction with the 'other sex'.

Most importantly though, you (females) might not get the glory, but you certainly have the power. *think*

Wed Jun 01, 02:02:00 AM  
Blogger Ez said...

I think you're entertaining.

Wed Jun 01, 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

who is entertaining?? the male form of anne?

Wed Jun 01, 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger Ez said...

I think its irrelevant who's inferior. Its not like we can live without each other anyway.

Wed Jun 01, 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

yes but sometimes we also can't live with each other

and nature's already proven that the female kind can still populate without the male kind.

Wed Jun 01, 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger Ez said...

Only if you use IVF or something of the kind, which some male invented.

Wed Jun 01, 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger jashman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu Jun 02, 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger jashman said...

I too agree that genders are not the same, and therefore you can't compare superiority between the two. I see males and females are complementary - join them together and you get something much more superior than any gender by themselves. Why else does Wonder Woman fight alongside Batman and Superman, and not just her fellow female Amazonians? :)

I deleted my last comment because I spelled fellow wrong ;)

Thu Jun 02, 11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home