Monday, April 10, 2006

health nut

oh how i have so let myself go. since parents have left this wonderful expanse known as "Australia" i have thrown all caution to the wind about my diet, my weight, and my health. good thing that i'm pretty comfortable with my body, and good thing the significant other is pretty darn well smart to not go there.

but in light with being told that i (may) have antisocial personality disorder and my only poor excuse of a defense is me proclaiming loudly "but i am financially responsible!!!", it struck me as hard as lightening does to one poor sucker in the middle of the green, green fields and meadows that we are getting to "that age" where we're supposed to be responsible full stop.

connection? well i've been jolted out of my oblivion and reality (or really just a paranoid viker voice) is telling me that maybe i now need to be health-ally responsible. i watch tv. not just watch, but like really WATCH tv. so much so i even pay attention to ads. so i've seen all these health ads telling me i need to get this test and get that test to prevent this, prevent that.

NOW BOYS. THERE WILL BE SOME "FEMALE TALK" HAPPENING BELOW. UP TO YOU TO EITHER EXPAND YOUR INTELLIGENCE AND UNDERSTANDING OR TURN AWAY.

so here are some tests that i've been told should be on the radar -

PAP SMEAR -
why?: cos i am over 21
what?: to detect cervical cancer
uncomfortableness factor?: HIGH (think people, think)
will i/won't i?: undecided

MAMMOGRAM -
why?: cos anatomically i have them
what?: to detect breast cancer
uncomfortableness factor?: no idea but i would guess MODERATE
will i/won't i?: probably not, don't really have an immediate concern

that's really about it now, with me excluding the more generic blood pressure, diabetes kinda tests. my so it finally seems, age is catching up with us. so i'm gonna embrace this change of life. i'm gonna get health-ally responsible....after my parents come back so mum can cook more healthy meals. i solemly vow right here, right now i will look at green things in a new light. a favourable light.

so who else is up for the challenge with me? together we are one. together we can all be "healthy". but please make sure you have private health insurance first too people. that really helps.

3 Comments:

Blogger viking_mistresses said...

you don't need private health insurance for a pap smear. you just need a bulk billing GP. GET ONE NOW. [olga]

Mon Apr 10, 06:29:00 PM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

why do i need to get one so urgently?????????

Mon Apr 10, 09:18:00 PM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

i don't get it.

Mon Apr 10, 09:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home