Sunday, April 17, 2005

fish hook

it is 11.32am on a sunday morning, and surprisingly i'm at home and not at work. it has once again been a busy busy weekend...parties and no homework. just as usual. so for those of you i have seen in between friday night and now you will understand what was one of the highlights of my weekend.

so what did i do on this momentous weekend? i dragged my fellow VM to this place.

*pauses a few seconds to let you go to the site and come back again to my blog post*

if by some freak of nature you couldn't get into the site...the place is not a man brothel or anything like that. it's ahem...a tattoo parlour. so yes, i have turned 21 and to commemorate it AND my fantastic trip in NZ AND to win a stupid bet...i got myself a tattoo on my back. and don't get me wrong, not all the responses from people have been positive. let me demonstrate with some comments...i'll add the good, the bad, and the downright funny. they're kinda paraphrased but you get the general gist.
  • male friend # 1: "i prefer girls without tattoos" (er last time i checked, we weren't dating)
  • male friend # 2: "COOL, now you can use it as a guy magnet!"
  • work friend #1: "you are BAD"
  • jeannie: between bursts of hysterical laughter..."you should see yourself walking" (just after the whole process)
  • chick friend #1: "you got a WHAT?!"
  • male friend #3: "why do you have cling wrap on your back? to hold your stomach in so you can eat more?"
  • everyone: "LET ME SEE!! WHERE? WHEN?"

there are many more...but the whole experience of it wouldn't be the same without your friends' reactions...whether good or bad. so that was a small part of my weekend. i'll post up a pic as soon as the "protective scale" has fallen off and when i think of it!

a big thankyou to my viker friend helga who came along...even though she didn't hold my hand when i was getting it done and she plastered herself to my ipod earphones to shut out the buzzing noise. thankyou anyway for driving me home and laughing at me trying to get into my car like an old woman.

olga's thought for the day: it's not that much fun being sober when your friends are intoxicated!

6 Comments:

Blogger viking_mistresses said...

1. i was still supportive in my own way.
2. there was an offical sign barring me from crossing into the tattooing area for hygenic reasons.
3. i did not want to infect you before you got the cling wrap on
4. i also went through my own rather traumatic experience on that day
*sob sob*

Sun Apr 17, 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger Twenty3 Photography said...

You don't need the cling wrap...as long as you apply the cream to make sure the tatt does not scab...

Sun Apr 17, 08:52:00 PM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

look anne, you and garry now belong to the same exclusive little gang. how sweet.

Sun Apr 17, 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Twenty3 Photography said...

Well if that's how you wanna classify it Jeannie...
this means Anne and CMG are in a little gang of their own as well...(tatt wise)...and seeing how Anne has a fetish for Wonderwoman, CMG has a thing for Superman...put that two superpowers together....woooow....that's hot.

Mon Apr 18, 01:57:00 AM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

that's sick

Mon Apr 18, 08:39:00 AM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

wow, now you're creating super-super human babies anne with CMG. what their super super powers are gonna be i have no idea.

now that's sweet.
i'm sure you garry have a thing for some superhero too.

Mon Apr 18, 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home