Thursday, April 14, 2005

social experiment no# 1.

in light of one of mr allycow's previous post on the art of isolating yourself on public transport from those around you with our mp3 players and such (its near the bottom of the post) i decided to do something different for a change and conduct a little social experiment of my own...maybe you can psycho analyse me in the situation or something ali??

SITUATION - on train on way to uni by myself, seating next to window
SCENARIO -

  1. seating next to window in 6 seater section
  2. one seat away 2 girls seating opposite each other complaining
  3. grandmother & grandkid sitting in front of me
  4. me, opting to not plug in mp3 player and retreating into my own world
  5. grandkid starts to copy me drawing things on wet, foggy window
  6. grandma yells at me for graffiting public property
  7. grandma praises grandkid on drawings of stick people (gender could not be determined) with overgrown heads and smiley faces
  8. 2 girls leave. good. ears beginning to bleed from overcomplaining about themselves being stupid
  9. 2 mums + 4 little girls enter and sit in remaining seats available
  10. youngest girl ~2 1/2 yrs old starts slapping me on knee and kicking my shin
  11. though would be nice to kids
  12. showed kids dead human body pictures
  13. kids start crying
  14. mum's tell them to start drawing on window
  15. kids scramble over me to reach window
  16. oldest girl king punches me on head in effort to reach beloved window
  17. revenge???
  18. reach melb central, get off train

so there it is. me trying to be nice and friendly and non-isolating myself in my own little world. result??

ME - 0
UNUSUALLY VIOLENT KIDS - 1

stay tuned for my next social experiment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ez said...

Somehow I don't think listening to your iPod would have changed any of the above occurances.

Thu Apr 14, 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

it might have cos if i had my sony MD on then i wouldn't have made eye contact with them thus not initiating any form of connection and thus no bruises on my shins.

violent kids still got one up on me.

Fri Apr 15, 09:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home