Thursday, June 01, 2006

bargain!

ok so i'm not supposed to be shopping, but let me ask you this.

when you have been eyeing a top off for at least 3 weeks that costs $195 you know that there's no way in hell you are going to get it. instead you wait until it goes on sale at 50% off the original price, plus an extra 15% off from some club member card you thought was absolutely useless.

what do we have? a brand spanking new CUE top for $82.90. true, pricey for some, but an absolute bargain for me. yes, i did get it. yes, naughty me. but how can you resist at 42.5% of the original price? and it's cue. how i love cue.

bargain!

EDIT: yes it's 42.5% OF the original price for anyone who actually sat there, pulled out a calculator and worked that out. and believe me, it's been done.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am no good at maths, but I would have thought if you got 42.5% OFF the original price you would have bought the product for $112.13;

195 (original price) - 82.875 (42.5% of the oringal price) = 112.125

But you say you bought the top for $82.90. The difference between your purchase price and the original price is 195 - 82.90 = 112.10

In terms of percentage OFF the original price, it should be 57%;

112/195 = 0.574...

You should have said 42.5% OF the oringinal price, or 57% OFF the original price.

-pedant-

Fri Jun 02, 06:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROLF

Fri Jun 02, 01:51:00 PM  
Blogger jashman said...

well done olga!

with that money you saved you can shout me lunch!

Fri Jun 02, 02:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and me too! let's all go for a free lunch on behalf of olga!!!

Fri Jun 02, 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

it was actually a typo, so my sincere apologies. i meant $82.90 is 42.5% OF the original price.

and maybe you should have written ORIGINAL rather than ORINGINAL price.

Fri Jun 02, 06:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oringal, oringinal, originial, original, ppl know what I mean.

Gosh you are even more pendantic than I am!

nevertheless, OFF and OF makes a huge difference. It means you made even greater savings! I was paying you a compliment!

You sound as if I did something terribly wrong by pulling out a calculator and taking 2 minutes of my time to correct your what I believe to be a mathematical mistake (because of the sentence structure, and its context, it's more than likely that you really meant 42.5% OFF the original price)

When really, I deserve a 'thank you' for paying tribute to you for being a (smart) shopper

-pedant-

Fri Jun 02, 07:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear -pedant-,

if you are a man, you might want to read some posts further down the page. might explain the anger on the blog.

seems that when the vikers are angry and they get bitten, they bite back hard.

Sat Jun 03, 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home