Thursday, May 25, 2006

thought

when is a lie not a lie? white lies, big whoppers, whole constructed false stories...realistically the way we get through life is to chuck out a lie here and there.

now in my journeys i have met some real pathological liars who can make up things without blinking an eye...and some really poor liars (ie. me).

there must be a specific part of our brain that allows us to lie successfully. and when those lies become an act, and the act becomes a part of life...it gets lost in the grey zone and we forget it was a lie in the first place and simply accept it as truth.

are we just all pathological liars?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really "Olga" because you had me fooled properly. In regards to that conversation we had, you chose to pretend to be someone you weren't, and to hold me responsible for any discomfort is unreasonable. I did not pressure or force you to do anything. At any stage, you could have said 'can we not talk about this?'
Intead, you chose to act flippant and continued the conversation.

For you to launch that attack on me the other night was unreasonable. Originally, I wanted to make peace, asking that we be civil. But I have always been civil to you, nothing less. Yes, we are very different people, but I have never been hostile nor unfriendly towards you. The same cannot be said about you. Please don't try and make me feel like I have wronged you, when it is you who have subjected me to years of your coldness. You know what I'm talking about.

After all these years, I quit.
I quit trying.
Because at the end of everything, after all these talks we've had, it's back to square one.

I'm not saying you're a bad person, and I can see you're good to your friends.
I am writing this because your accusations towards me were unjustified. And I don't want to take it lying down anymore.

Sun May 28, 06:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home