Wednesday, May 03, 2006

central perk

why do we have friends? what is the purpose of friends? well one of the many roles as a "friend" is to be there for the deep and meaningful conversations and advice needed by those who are having r'ship/boy/everyday life problems, i.e. the shoulder to cry on. now i'm 99.9% sure that all of us as friends to other people have been in that situation. the late night phone call, the many lunches discussing, gossiping about our love lives and what not.

now i've found a rather interesting observation - people only really taken on advice/opinions from those who have either been in a r'ship or are currently in one.

frankly i think that is a BS way to conduct business. i have found myself in many a situation where i have been asked for my advice or been made to sit there and listen to all the lovey dovey crap and in the end have my opinions completely dismissed because i find myself in either one of the above situations (read the theory). why do that to the poor person who is only trying to be your rock in a hard time?

why do you ask if you're only gonna dismiss our opinions? what makes people think that just because others may not have any experience in love, that they have no brain, intelligence or knowledge about life in general? these people may instead actually provide the better viewpoint. they are the objective one (meaning you are wrong).

p.s. i will also not divulge nor seek any information regarding sizes. it's disturbing. it's wrong. it's also very private.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEAR HEAR!

Ok, so I'm bored off my brains, trying to kill time at a computer lab at uni until Elena comes or I have to go to Lab, whichever comes first.

Plus I gotta stick around til 7 because of Elena ... She will be the death of me ... I see her more than I see my family - that's just not right!

Ah well ... must find something else to do now ...

Wed May 03, 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

jane!

i think you and i need to sit down and have a talk. together you and me can take the matchmaking world by storm.

i've even got a suggestion ready to go. but of course i could do with your expertise and experience in this field.

Wed May 03, 05:04:00 PM  
Blogger Ez said...

Are you referring/suggesting that a certain someone isn't listening to you dear Helga?

I seem to recall having a related conversation with you concerning this topic in the recent past.

Wed May 03, 07:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ee~~~~~nteresting. I'm all ears. Tell me the details and I'll put the plan into action.

Wed May 03, 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

dear ez,

2 names pop into my head in regards tpo your references. not entirely too sure which one you may be referring to. in fact make that 3 names now.

no that interesting point was raised actually raised in a conversation about by the other person. was just bored at uni and it popped into my mind. but it does ring true doesn't it???

Wed May 03, 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

dear jane,

i shall tell you the names of the people i have in mind next time in person or on msn. which ever incidence comes first. otherwise we'll just end up confusing ourselves i think.

but what do you think of the chances or success rate of 2 tactless people hooking up with each other?

Wed May 03, 10:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a feeling I know who one of those so called people might be. Interesting. I'd say that the one I'm thinking of might be all for it. Although the thoughts that encompass that person are extremely ... yes we really should discuss this intricate business elsewhere bwahahah ...

Thu May 04, 05:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home