Wednesday, March 01, 2006

oblah di oblah da

LIFE GOES ON YEAH! NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH.

and that is what goes on in my head at 8:15am in the computer labs of ICT at uni. don't worry i do realise that 8:15am was like 3hrs ago (current time 11:17am) but still i thought i would inform everyone. just like how i would like to take this opportunity to also inform everyone that i am eating a petit miam. i don't care that it is for little kids. i don't care. i like it. it's healthy for me. i am eating it.

so there are two points i want to bring up in today's post. sorry if i am rambling/will ramble/have rambled. i don't think there will be much sacrasm involved, but i cannot guarentee that.

POINT ONE: CLIQUES AND FRIENDSHIP GROUPS.

so as a lonely 5th year student who is having to go backwards in her science degree in terms of doing certain subjects, i find myself in a lonely situation. i am in classes where i do not know a single soul. nada. nippo. nil. ninfinto.

now it seems that the vast majority of people out there who believe that they know me, believe that i shall have no troubles making new friends, and frolick down the road of happiness that i am not by myself. i in my optimistic youth would've believed you too in believing that i have such magical and astounding abilities to make everyone love me.

BUT....is it just me or is being nice and friendly to just make that one or two new friends in class so that you don't have to sit alone, and if need be grab their notes when you have decided to be a lazy pig and sleep in, just too much effort nowadays (is that even one word?)? i frankly can't be stuffed. i, personally, find some enjoyment in sitting there by myself, being bitter towards those who have their CLIQUES and talking about their oh so exciting holidays that have just gone by. i like to sit nearest to the exit, making that fast get away.

after 5yrs of this, i am over it. who needs lotsa friends anyway? i mean having friends detracts away from precious "me" time. time where i am the centre of my own universe, and instead you have to go and make that extra effort to find those precious free moments and spend it with them. i mean, just how many coffees do you think i can drink in one day? one afternoon? you know what i think? i think there's some kinda conspiracy. the coffee mastros out there in the world have put in a secert chemical in their coffee beans that makes us want to make friends just so we could spend more money on their coffee beans. it's probably in the milk too. but not so much in sugar.

oh i made a new friend today. she wears pink. i hope she remembers me when i head into prac so i have a group. she seemed nice. i don't know her name.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ez said...

1. Maybe you're just trying to rationalise the lack of friends you have in 2nd year subjects by saying you don't need any.

2. Was there a point two? or was that included in point one?

Wed Mar 01, 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger viking_mistresses said...

it's coming ali, i had a temporary mental block and i've had to sit here and try to remember what point two was about

and it's not that i have a lack of friends in 2nd/3rd yr subs this time around. like i'm feeling i am getting incredibly anti-social. but i like being anti-social.

Wed Mar 01, 11:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry Helga, I've been through the same thing last year and this year. The only people I know in my class are last year korean students who I have korean class with this year and Elena who's doing first year french with me. Bio pracs are the worst ... I know cos I got kicked off a chair next to some asian chick cos her friend came. And then I sat like a quiet loner until another like loner with two other people she knew came over and had to be a partner with me. Although, I must say, she was a snob. And me, sitting like a quiet loner with my long nails, I must have seem like some airhead bimbo to her. Second years are such snobs *sniffle* Anyhoo, because I'm in first year jap and french it's easier cos they make you make friends in the class. Made one weird thai and another chinese (both male) friends in one of my french classes.

Uni will be the death of an introvert like me ...

Thu Mar 02, 05:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home